Make the "cubed" symbol (small 3 above a number) under Windows :
The symbol " cubed " (small 3 above a number, ex: 10³) means that the number annotated with this symbol must be cubed, in other words to the power of 3 (ex: 10³ = 10 * 10 * 10 = 1000)
To make this symbol in a word processor :
- The keys combination isAlt+0179:Keep the keyAlt down(the key to the left of the space bar), then type in the numbers0, 1, 7 and 9and finally release Alt key.
On some keyboard configuration, the following shortcut could also work : type inAlt+252in a word processing insert (internet forum, comment zone ...).
Make the symbol "cubed" symbol (small 3 above a number) under Mac / Apple:
- First type the number 3 where you want it to be cubed then
- Select the number 3 with your mouse (it must be highlighted) then
- Do the following key combination: Cmd ⌘ + ⇧ Shift + +
Example: 1m3 → 1m3 → Cmd ⌘ + ⇧ Shift + + → 1m³(Video) SM015 TOPIC 3 LECTURE 1 OF 2 SEQUENCES AND SERIES
The Cmd ⌘ key can also be the "Apple" key, but it's usually the key just to the left of the Space bar.
This technique works for any superscript number, not just 3.
"I don't have a numeric keypad on my keyboard, what should I do?"
- If you don't have a numeric keypadon your keyboard, make sure you have activated the functionNum Lock.If not, press theFn+buttonNum Lock
- If you do not have the functionNum Lockon your keyboard, try first pressing the keyFnand then performing the combination with Altdescribed in the previous paragraph.
- If you still can't do it, don't hesitate to copy and paste the symbol from this article to the location of your choice.
"I have a Mac / Macbook / Apple computer"
If you have aMac / Applekeyboard, the technique is the same.TheAlt⌥ key can also be calledOption⌥but it is always the key just to the left of the Space bar.